Level Two Theraplay & Marschak Interaction Method (MIM)
Evanston IL: May 8-10, 2017
Check-in and coffee service begins at 8:00 a.m.; the training will begin at 8:30 and end at 4:30 each day. A one-hour lunch and two 15-minute breaks will be offered.
Prerequisite: Level One Theraplay & MIM
This course is required for full Theraplay certification
$700 for non-members • $675 for Theraplay Association members
$250 per module for non-members Early registration (60 days prior) • $225 for Theraplay Association members
NEW! Level two is modular! You may register for one, two or all three days. Completion of all three days is required for certification. However, you may complete them at separate trainings or, if you don’t intend to pursue certification, you may attend only the modules that interest you.
Please note: Modular registration is available in the United States only.
Registrants should have experience using Theraplay in their work before attending this training. Each module will include at least one case presentation. Making a case presentation is not required, but is an option if you would like to receive supervision.
Module #1: Marschak Interaction Method (MIM) Skill Development
This module will focus on several examples of MIMs and their interpretation to improve your comfort and skill in administering and interpreting this assessment.
- Administer and analyze the MIM at an intermediate skill level
- Develop skills in the use of the MIM for treatment planning
Special Feature of this Training:
- Time permitting, you may share one of your complex or interesting MIM’s for group discussion.
Module #2: Building Your Theraplay Skills
This module will help improve the breadth of your Theraplay skill set to bring your Theraplay work to a higher skill level.
- Demonstrate how to use a wider range of Theraplay activities and techniques
- Describe how to adapt Theraplay to work with a wider range of populations, such as children with autism and older children
- Describe strategies for dealing with resistant clients
Special Feature of this Training:
- The training will include lots of practice and a wide range of video examples
Module #3: Adapting Theraplay to Work with Trauma and Complex Families
If you work with children who have been traumatized, have attachment disorders or complex families we highly recommend that you attend this program. It will help you sensitively adapt Theraplay to work with this population.
- Describe the concept of developmental trauma disorder
- Describe three modifications to Theraplay to meet the needs of traumatized children
- Describe two ways that other modalities can be used in conjunction with Theraplay to meet the treatment needs of traumatized children
- Describe how to determine when to use Theraplay in the overall treatment course of a client
- Describe how to adapt treatment to meet the needs of parents who themselves may be traumatized
Special Features of this Training:
- Case videos of children who have been traumatized will be shown
- Participants will practice Theraplay modifications for trauma
- Participants will develop and practice a treatment plan for one of their traumatized clients
Attendance at the trainings will be limited, so early registration is suggested. A minimum 25% deposit of the Standard 3-Day Fee is required at time of registration. Balance must be paid within 21 days of the training to secure registration. Outstanding balance payment for 3-Day Standard and Theraplay Members rates can be made on-line, by phone with a credit card or by mail with a check. Please note that your registration is not secured until your check or payment is received in our office.