What is Theraplay? An Overview Seminar for Professionals
Evanston, IL: Monday, April 24, 2017
You may arrive early for check in and networking opportunities as early as 8:30 a.m.; the training will begin at 9:00 a.m. and end at 4:30 p.m.
$125 • $95 for additional registrants from the same organization
Special discounted fee if you work in Evanston or Skokie ($50)-Use your work address when registering and enter discount code: EVSTN (Application to standard only)
Who Should Attend:
This program is designed for professionals who would like to know more about Theraplay because they are considering adding Theraplay to their practice, refer others for treatment, or work with others using Theraplay. It is suitable for graduate students and professors as well as practicing clinicians.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of the Theraplay model, a model of play therapy, and its roots in Attachment Theory
- Describe how the Theraplay dimensions of Structure, Engagement, Nurture and Challenge are used to meet children’s needs and address behavior problems
- Demonstrate 2 activities from each of Theraplay’s four dimensions
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of how the MIM us used to assess the parent-child relationship and to plane treatment
- Demonstrate how Theraplay interactions are conducted with preschool and school age children, children with developmental problems, and groups
- Describe how parents participate in Theraplay sessions
Special Feature of this training:
- The training includes interactive sessions to practice a variety of Theraplay activities
- You will see video examples of several Theraplay clients
- Graduates of this seminar who wish to register for Level One Theraplay & MIM training may qualify for a discount
8:00 a.m. Check-in; coffee service available
8:30 – 4:30 Start and end times
A one hour lunch and two 15-minute breaks will be offered
Cancellations: Full refunds minus a $50 processing fee will be granted for cancellations made at least 21 days prior to the training. No refund will be granted for cancellation made less than 21 days prior, although we will credit your payment to another training. Credits must be used within 3 years of cancellation date or will be forfeited.
Attendance: Please note that your attendance at the full 6 hours is required in order to receive a completion letter. We cannot give credit for partial attendance or issue letters for partial CE’s. Only people who have completed the full 6 hours can be given credit in our database for completing the training. This is a requirement of the professional organizations who have accredited us to provide CEs.
Click here for information regarding special needs accomodations, completion letters, complaints and more. By registering, you are indicating you agree to the complete terms and conditions.