Indianapolis, Indiana: June 23, 2017
Pre-requisite: Level One Theraplay training OR one day What is Theraplay seminar OR purchase Introduction to Theraplay DVD and pass CE exam.
Click here to purchase the Introduction to Theraplay DVD!
Click here to purchase Introduction to Theraplay as a webinar!
Fees: $195/ $170 for Theraplay Association members
Group Theraplay training is for professionals who want to use Theraplay in classrooms, day care, residential settings or with family groups. Basic knowledge about Theraplay is assumed for the one-day program (see above for pre-requisites). A two-day training is available for those who do not meet the pre-requisites. Click here for information about becoming a Certified Group Theraplay Specialist.
Special Features of this training:
- The training is intensive, interactive and practical
- It includes the opportunity for each participant to lead a group activity
- It includes video examples of group work
Learning Objectives for Group Theraplay:
- Apply Theraplay principles to group treatment
- Develop skills in using the group rules and group techniques through practice
- Demonstrate how to adapt the use of Group Theraplay with various populations
- Describe how touch helps a child to feel more calm and organized in a group setting
- List three effects of complex trauma on a child’s brain and behavior
- Describe three techniques for managing resistance and problem situations in groups
- List a variety of materials and activities that are appropriate for group Theraplay, a modality of play
- List three essential strategies for successful implementation
Who should attend:
- School counselors and social workers
- Special education teachers (Masters level)
- Clinicians who work with groups of children or family group therapy
- Early childhood specialists
8:00 am. Check-in and coffee service available
8:30 – 4:30 Start and end time
Cancellations: Full refunds minus a $50 processing fee will be granted for cancellations made at least 21 days prior to the training. No refund will be granted for cancellation made less than 21 days prior, although we will credit your payment to another training. Credits must be used within 3 years of cancellation date or will be forfeited.
Attendance: Please note that your attendance at the full 6.5 hours is required in order to receive a completion letter. We cannot give credit for partial attendance or issue letters for partial CE’s. Only people who have completed the full 6.5 hours can be given credit in our database for completing the training. This is a requirement of the professional organizations who have accredited us to provide CEs.
Click here for information regarding special needs accomodations, completion letters, complaints and more. By registering, you are indicating you agree to the complete terms and conditions.