The Theraplay Institute offers School-Focused Consultations for families who are seeking guidance in navigating the school environment to best support their child’s learning experience and success.
School-Focused Consultation services are available as a standalone service or in addition to ongoing therapy services at The Theraplay Institute.
Our School Consultant can help parents:
- Determine how to work with their child's school if there are any academic, behavioral, or social/emotional concerns.
- Learn what supports and resources might be available and appropriate for their child.
- Understand the various learning strategies that are used in a typical classroom.
- Develop an understanding of terms they might hear such as Individual Education Plans, Special Education and Section 504 Plans.
- Determine what to do if their child has a diagnosis that affects them in the school environment.
The Theraplay Institute’s School Consultant, Lynn Denton, is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with extensive background in the school environment. Lynn has worked with elementary school to high school aged children with a variety of challenges including anxiety, ADHD, executive functioning, social skills, and coping skills. With a passion for helping children have a successful academic and social school experience and an in-depth knowledge of the supports and resources available in schools, Lynn helps children and families uncover their strengths to support their goals.
To learn more about School-Focused Consultations and to make an appointment, please contact our Intake Coordinator Andrea Bushala at email@example.com or at 847.256.7334 ext. 109.