- This event has passed.
Camp Theraplay: Building Lifelong Resilience Through Play, July 11-15, 2022
July 11 @ 9:00 am - July 15 @ 3:00 pm UTC+0$460 – $480
Children ages 5-10 are invited to join us at The Theraplay Clinic’s Camp Theraplay here at our clinic in Chicago in the summer of 2022! Our week-long day camp focuses on building your child’s social skills and expanding their capacity for emotional regulation. Each day includes Theraplay group activities, opportunities for movement and creative expression, and calming breaks designed to help your child downregulate.
Unlike other play group approaches, Theraplay learning takes place on a non-verbal level. Instead of talking about positive social behavior, the group leaders and children DO positive social interaction. Positive messages from the group interaction gradually become a part of the child’s internal sense of self. Camp Theraplay will run from July 11 – 15, 2022, with programming from 9am – 3pm. (Optional aftercare provided until 5pm for $100.)Register
During the camp children will have the opportunity to:
- Learn and practice cooperation between peers
- Learn and practice self-control
- Enhance trust of others through concrete, personal and positive experiences
- Experience warm relationships between themselves and adults and friendships among peers
- Experience an atmosphere that is warm, nurturing, engaging and challenging
- Have their basic needs met so they can be freed emotionally to explore their world
- Receive support with regulatory disorders and tactile issues
- Improve their cognitive, social and emotional development
Included in the cost of the camp:
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Snacks (allergy and dietary restriction information will be requested)
- Camp Theraplay 2022 t-shirt
- A week of positive and fun memories!