One Day Group Theraplay® in Richmond, KY
February 2, 2024 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm EST
CEs Available: 6.5 | One Day Training | In-person
Group Theraplay® is an adult-directed, structured play group that incorporates playful, cooperative and nurturing activities that enhance the emotional well-being of children. Unlike other play group approaches, Theraplay learning takes place on a non-verbal level. Instead of talking about positive social behavior, the group leaders and children do positive social interaction. Positive messages from the group interaction gradually become a part of the child’s internal sense of self. If you are a professional working in classrooms, day cares, residential settings or with family groups, this training is for you.
This training will take place a day after the Level One Theraplay & MIM in Richmond, KY January 29th, 2024 – February 1st, 2024 and there are seats still available. Those not participating in the Level One are still welcome to participate so long as they have completed the prerequisites by the day of the training.
This is a one day training taking place February 2nd, 2024 from 8:30am-4:30pm Eastern Time. View this training’s detailed agenda.
Any of the following trainings are required before taking this training: Level One Theraplay, Module 1 and 2, Intro to Theraplay Seminar.
Jeremy Johnson, LMFT, is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the state of Tennessee with over 25 years of experience working with adults, children, and families. Jeremy is a Certified Theraplay Practitioner, a Theraplay Supervisor-in-Training, and a Theraplay Trainer. Jeremy is passionate about using Theraplay strategies in his work with children and their families in his private practice in Hendersonville, Tennessee. Read full bio.
- Create an atmosphere that is warm, nurturing, engaging, and challenging
- Promote warm relationships between children and adults and friendships among peers
- Engage hard-to-reach children
- Place emphasis on cooperation between children
- Encourage children to learn and practice self- control
- Help children with regulatory disorders and tactile issues
- Simultaneously address cognitive, social, and emotional development
- Apply Theraplay play principles, including the four dimensions, to group treatment
- Integrate play therapy skills in using the group rules and group techniques through planning and practice of Group Theraplay activities
- Demonstrate how to adapt the use of group Theraplay in play therapy with various populations
- Describe how nurturing and co-regulating physical connection can assist children to feel calm and more organized in a play therapy group setting
- Name three techniques for managing resistance and problem situations in play therapy groups
- List three essential strategies for successful implementation
Who Should Attend?
People who work with children and families in many different capacities will benefit from training programs offered by The Theraplay Institute. Visit our Who Should Attend page for more information. This course’s Content Level is Intermediate.
View this training’s bibliography for books and other materials referenced in the development of the content for this program.
For information about our CE process, cancellation policy, and how to contact us with questions and concerns visit our FAQ page. Attendance of the entirety of a program (in-person or virtual) is required in order to receive continuing education or a letter of completion.
There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.