Level One Theraplay & MIM + Group Theraplay (Market Harborough, UK)
February 6, 2023 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm GMT£1260
Five Day Training | Trainer: Jo Williams & Helen Rodwell
This training is designed to teach participants the fundamentals of the Theraplay model. After completing this training, participants will be able to begin applying Theraplay principles into their work with existing and new clients. For more information about this training, click here.
This five day in-person training will take place February 6-10, 2023 from 8:30am-5:00pm British Summer Time (BST).
– Principles of attachment theory on an intellectual and experiential level
– The Four Dimensions of Theraplay
– The Theraplay protocol
– An introduction to the Marschak Interaction Method (MIM): administration, analysis and as a guide for treatment planning
– Adapting Theraplay for working with children and families impacted by complex trauma and other populations
– Managing resistance throughout the treatment process
– Managing countertransference in your work with children and families
– Implementing Theraplay into your practice
1. Differentiate three play, attachment-based theories and how they support the work of Theraplay
2. Define how children with various attachment styles present in play therapy sessions
3. Explain the benefits of using the MIM in your play therapy practice
4. Arrange the MIM play therapy assessment tool
5. Analyze the MIM at a beginning level to benefit families in play therapy
6. Construct a play therapy treatment plan based upon the MIM analysis
7. Classify three play therapy goals to be achieved during a MIM feedback session with parents
8. Describe the four dimensions of Theraplay, a modality of play therapy
9. Indicate one play-based activity from each dimension: Structure, Engagement, Nurture and Challenge.
10. List three possible ways of adapting Theraplay into play therapy treatment to meet the needs of a child with complex trauma
11. State how to guide parents to participate in a Theraplay, a modality of play therapy, in treatment session
12. Specify how to prepare parents to use Theraplay play therapy techniques at home to further therapeutic goals
13. Express how various parent attachment styles present in play therapy sessions
14. Demonstrate adapting Theraplay play therapy techniques to three different populations of families
15. Apply Theraplay techniques to work through resistance in play therapy sessions
16. Practice how to adapt Theraplay activities for children of different ages
17. Explain how to prepare for termination of Theraplay treatment
18. Evaluate how the clinician is impacted by the functioning of parents and children in play therapy sessions
19. Identify two types of clients for whom Theraplay would not be an appropriate play therapy modality
Who Should Attend?
People who work with children and families in many different capacities will benefit from training programs offered by The Theraplay Institute. Visit our Who Should Attend page for more information. This course’s Content Level is Intermediate.
View this training’s bibliography for books and other materials referenced in the development of the content for this program.