- This event has passed.
Module 6 (Chicago, IL)
July 28 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm CDT$208 – $260
Theraplay® is a child and family modality of play therapy for building and enhancing attachment, self-esteem, trust in others, and joyful engagement. Theraplay involves the parents in play therapy an immediate and positive way. The involvement gives them experiences of success and pride in their children so they can feel motivated to support them through the play therapy process. Through work with the parents, including helping them develop empathy for their child, conveying practitioner empathy for them, and building their confidence in their parenting capacities, practitioners can support long-term change in the family system. This four-hour training is designed to teach participants the fundamentals of working with a wide range of parents and caregivers using the Theraplay model. For more information and learning objectives for Theraplay Module 6: Theraplay Application and Role Play visit this page.Register
This training will take place July 28, 2023 from 9:00am-4:00pm Central Time (CST). View this module’s detailed agenda.
Andrea Bushala, M.S.W., L.C.S.W., R.P.T., has an undergraduate degree in Psychology from Miami University with an emphasis in child development. She obtained her Master of Social Work degree from Loyola University Chicago with a dual specialization in School Social Work and Children and Families.
- The training provides explicit direction and practice on how to provide support to the parent within the limitations traditionally faced with remote work
- This training outlines how to identify when Theraplay Telehealth is not clinically indicated as an appropriate intervention
- This training provides direction on what a practitioner should do when met with resistance, dysregulation, and other concerning behavior remotely and in-person.
- Identify and deliver play therapy activities based on all four Theraplay dimensions
- Indicate ability to create a complete play therapy session plan based on specific clients
- List at least three play therapy activities that support the four dimensions (Structure/Engagement/Nurture/Challenge) in Theraplay Telehealth sessions
- Name at least three play therapy activities that support Structure in Theraplay In-Person sessions
- Identify at least three play therapy activities that support Nurture in Theraplay In-Person sessions
- State at least three play therapy activities that support Challenge in Theraplay In-Person sessions
- Demonstrate ability to guide parents through the four dimensions in an In-Person session
- Integrate the ability to plan and lead a full Theraplay In-Person session
Who Should Attend?
People who work with children and families in many different capacities will benefit from training programs offered by The Theraplay Institute. Visit our Who Should Attend page for more information. This course’s Content Level is Intermediate.
View this module’s bibliography for books and other materials referenced in the development of the content for this program.
For information about our CE process, cancellation policy, and how to contact us with questions and concerns visit our FAQ page. Attendance of the entirety of a program (in-person or virtual) is required in order to receive continuing education or a letter of completion.
There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.