- This event has passed.
Supporting Couple Relationships for Better Infant Mental Health
June 24, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 1:15 pm CDT$67.5 – $75
CEs Available: 3 (No APT or APA credit) | One Day Training | Virtual
In this training, presenter will discuss how to support pregnant and parenting couples to successfully prepare for the transition to parenthood as well as recognize and address postpartum mood disorders. Presenter will examine the importance of supporting couples during this transition and the role this plays in infant mental health.Register
This one day training will take place June 24, 2022 from 10:00am-1:15pm CST.
Robin Shannon, LCPC, NCC is a licensed clinical professional counselor and owner of Chicago Healing Connection, a private practice that specializes in couple relationships and adult attachment. Robin Shannon is trained in the Gottman Couple Method and also Perinatal Mental Health.
- The importance of supporting couples through the transition to parenthood
- How supporting couples in the transition to parenthood can impact infant mental health
- How clinicians can use Gottman Couple Method can be utilized to support new parents
- How clinicians can recognize signs of relationship meltdown and how to intervene
- How clinicians can recognize signs of postpartum mood disorders in women and men
- Determine how supporting couples during the transition to parenthood can impact infant mental health
- Assess and identify postpartum mood disorders and how this can impact the couple relationship as well as infant mental health
- Understand the importance of fathers and how postpartum mood disorders can show up in men.
- Recognize the four warning signs of relationship meltdown and some ways to intervene
Who Should Attend?
People who work with children and families in many different capacities will benefit from training programs offered by The Theraplay Institute. Visit our Who Should Attend page for more information. This course’s Content Level is Intermediate.
View this program’s bibliography for books and other materials referenced in the development of the content for this program.
Special Notes: Our cancellation policies have been temporarily adjusted to reflect our response to the pandemic and local government and health department directives. Please review this policy before completing your registration. We urge all participants to put their health and that of members of their communities first.
For information about our CE process, cancellation policy, and how to contact us with questions and concerns visit our FAQ page.
There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.