- This event has passed.
Template: Special Program
February 24, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC+0$90 – $100
CEs Available: 25 (No APT Credit) | Two Day Training | Virtual
This training is designed to teach participants the fundamentals of the Theraplay model. After completing this training, participants will be able to begin applying Theraplay principles into their work with existing and new clients. For more information about this training, click here.
This is a hybrid training split between virtual and in-person days. The virtual days are December 1-4, 2022 from 5:00pm-8:30pm Atlantic Standard Time (AST). The in-person days are December 9-10, 2022 from 8:30am-4:30pm (AST). View this training’s detailed agenda.
Shannon Murphy Cerise, LCSW – Shannon is a Certified Theraplay® Therapist, Trainer, and Supervisor-in-Training. In addition, she is a Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI) practitioner and holds a post-graduate adoption-competent practice certificate from Louisiana State University. She completed the Adult Attachment Interview Training program in 2019.
– Principles of attachment theory on an intellectual and experiential level
– The Four Dimensions of Theraplay
– The Theraplay protocol
– An introduction to the Marschak Interaction Method (MIM): administration, analysis and as a guide for treatment planning
– Adapting Theraplay for working with children and families impacted by complex trauma and other populations
– Managing resistance throughout the treatment process
– Managing countertransference in your work with children and families
– Implementing Theraplay into your practice
1. Differentiate three play, attachment-based theories and how they support the work of Theraplay
2. Define how children with various attachment styles present in play therapy sessions
3. Explain the benefits of using the MIM in your play therapy practice
4. Arrange the MIM play therapy assessment tool
5. Analyze the MIM at a beginning level to benefit families in play therapy
6. Construct a play therapy treatment plan based upon the MIM analysis
7. Classify three play therapy goals to be achieved during a MIM feedback session with parents
8. Describe the four dimensions of Theraplay, a modality of play therapy
Who Should Attend?
People who work with children and families in many different capacities will benefit from training programs offered by The Theraplay Institute. Visit our Who Should Attend page for more information. This course’s Content Level is Intermediate.
View this program’s bibliography for books and other materials referenced in the development of the content for this program.
Special Notes: Our cancellation policies have been temporarily adjusted to reflect our response to the pandemic and local government and health department directives. Please review this policy before completing your registration. We urge all participants to put their health and that of members of their communities first.
For information about our CE process, cancellation policy, and how to contact us with questions and concerns visit our FAQ page. Attendance of the entirety of a program (in-person or virtual) is required in order to receive continuing education or a letter of completion.
There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.