- This event has passed.
Group Theraplay® with Seniors: Engaging, Connecting, & Finding Joy
December 1, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 12:45 pm CST$67.5 – $75
CEs Available: 3 | One Day Training | Virtual
John Bowlby teaches us that from the cradle to the grave, we all need a safe haven and secure base. While, Theraplay has been used extensively in play therapy scenarios with children and adolescents, this workshop will highlight the benefit of using it with a senior population.
In this session, the presenter will describe how she has adapted Group Theraplay for individuals living in a Senior Living Community. She will share how she set up the play therapy group, adapted it for a population who have physical and cognitive limitations, and share their responses. She will also describe how she adapted Sunshine Circles for a Memory Care Community by creating Sunrise and Sunset Circles. The presenter will share practical tips and group play therapy videos to demonstrate application.Register
This program takes place Thursday, December 1, 2022 from 9:30 am – 12:45 pm CST. View the agenda here.
Michelle Robison, LCSW, LNHA – Michelle is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Licensed Nursing Home Administrator as well as a Certified Theraplay Practitioner, Trainer, and Supervisor. Michelle Robison has over twenty years of therapeutic experience, working primarily with adolescents and children with severe trauma and attachment issues. She currently is the Executive Director of Artesia Christian Home, a Continuing Care Retirement Community in Artesia, California.
- Reasons Theraplay is an appropriate intervention to use with seniors
- “Fun with Michelle” group example and video clips demonstrating the dimensions
- Practical applications for group design and set up
- Adaptations for an elderly population
- Application of Theraplay group for a Memory Care setting
- Identify 2 reasons Theraplay, a model of play therapy, is an appropriate intervention to use with an older/, senior population.
- List 3 ways Theraplay may be adapted for an older/, senior population.
- Name 3 positive play therapy changes that were seen in the senior population after using Theraplay group interventions.
Who Should Attend?
People who work with children and families in many different capacities will benefit from training programs offered by The Theraplay Institute. Visit our Who Should Attend page for more information. This course’s Content Level is Intermediate.
View this program’s bibliography for books and other materials referenced in the development of the content for this program. View the bibliography here.
For information about our CE process, cancellation policy, and how to contact us with questions and concerns visit our FAQ page.
There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.