The Theraplay Institute has been the international guardian for Theraplay® since 1971, and a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation since 1995.
We are all about “building better relationships”—family relationships through Theraplay treatment, classroom relationships through Sunshine Circles, community relationships through our professional networking and educational services program, international relationships through our chartered affiliates in Finland and Germany and our international associations in many other countries.
The Theraplay Institute is:
- An international training institute, providing training for mental health professionals, parents and teachers, both locally and off-site around the world
- A provider of top-notch clinical supervision for Theraplay trainees
- The only organization that certifies Theraplay therapists, trainers and supervisors
- A Theraplay treatment center in Evanston, IL (Chicago area)
- A Theraplay research clearinghouse and technical support resource
- An information resource center with an on-line therapist referral directory, library of publications and media resource center of books and videos
- A sponsor of professional networking groups such as Attachment Matters