- There are no conflicts of interest or commercial support for the courses included in the SLI.
- What is your refund policy for the SLI course webinars? Refunds will not be issued except in cases where The Theraplay Institute has cancelled a program.
- Are transfers allowed? Transfers to different programs or of registered individuals are not allowed.
- How do I receive continuing education? Please refer to each course description to see which programs are approved for CEs. For information on continuing education credits available, please visit our conference page. In order to be eligible for continuing education, attendees must be present for the entirety of the webinar. The digital platform utilized for the SLI tracks when individuals leave the space and any missed time will disqualify one from receiving full CEs. At the conclusion of the training, participants will receive an email from R. Cassidy Seminars instructing them to complete a course evaluation. The participant’s Certificate of Completion will become available upon completion of the evaluation. All CEs for this course are non-contact (APT) and live interactive webinars. Courses must be completed in their entirety in order to receive CEs. Partial CEs will not be awarded. Please consult our website or contact us at email@example.com with any questions regarding CEs.
- A number of the SLI courses will be recorded for post-Institute access. Live registrants will be given access to the recorded programs that they registered for, and recorded programs will also be available for purchase. Please note you must attend a program live in order to be eligible for CEs. No refunds will be given for CE fees paid for a live event that you were not able to attend.
- Who should attend these courses? All courses are for intermediate level mental health practitioners. While completion of Level One Theraplay and MIM training is not required for attendance, those who have completed the training will gain the most value from the SLI courses. The SLI is appropriate for psychologists, social workers, clinical counselors, occupational therapists, speech and language pathologists, psychiatrists, play therapists, and other related mental health professionals.
- Will presentation materials be available? For those courses where presentation materials are available, PDF files of materials will be emailed to attendees prior to the start of their course. No printed materials will be made available.
- What time zone are courses scheduled by? Each course is scheduled based on Central/Chicago time. If you need to see what time that is where you are located, you can do that here: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- What if I have additional questions? Please give us a call at 1-847-256-7334×125 or email John Castro at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For any grievances, contact Mandy Jones, Program Director, at email@example.com
In the United States and many other parts of the world, Theraplay certification is limited to those with a masters or doctoral degree and a clinical license; the credential earned is Certified Theraplay Practitioner. In other countries that do not have universal clinical licensure, such as the UK, the credential earned is Certified Theraplay Practitioner, and professional accreditation is required. In all countries, those who are not mental health clinicians may attend training and become certified as a Foundational Theraplay Practitioner.
According to the ASWB definitions our training is recommended for social workers as follows:
- What is Theraplay Seminar?: for Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced Level practitioners; contains beginner content
- Four-Day Level One Training: for Intermediate and Advanced practitioners; contains intermediate content
- Level Two Training: for Intermediate and Advanced practitioners; contains advanced content
- Group Theraplay (single-day and 2-day formats): for Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced practitioners featuring intermediate level content
People who work with children and families in many different capacities will benefit from Theraplay training:
- Psychologists and Psychiatrists
- Social Workers
- Clinical Counselors
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- School Counselors
- Play Therapists
- Special Education Teachers
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Adoption/Post-Adoption Support Counselors
- Early Childhood and Developmental Specialists
We are. For a full list of accrediting bodies that we are approved by, please visit our Accreditation page.
Theraplay trainings are:
- Is intensive, active, and rewarding
- Is limited in number of participants so that each person receives special, individual attention
- Includes videos of treatment with a variety of clients
- Provides role play opportunities to practice Theraplay techniques
- Level Two Theraplay & MIM training provides the opportunity work on specific issues arising from your practice and to exchange ideas with others using Theraplay in a variety of settings
This policy has been updated as of July 7, 2020. Please note that pre-recorded training programs do not qualify for refunds or transfers.
Covid-19 Related Queries:
Please note that the below policy applies to refunds requests related to COVID-19 health issues and travel/gathering restrictions. The Theraplay Institute reserves the right to classify and approve or deny a refund based on the information presented to them. If you are unable to travel due to health concerns or travel or gathering restrictions in your local or destination areas, we will do our best to transfer your registration to another in-person or online training program. Refunds will be approved only if the option to transfer is not available. The transfer option and refunds are not available for no-shows for either in-person or online training, and you must notify TTI that you are unable to attend the training a minimum of 24 hours and one business day in advance (ie if the training begins on Monday, we need to know by Friday). If notification is not received at firstname.lastname@example.org by the minimum required deadline, transfers or refunds are not available. If you cancel your registration and log in to a program the request for a transfer or refund will not be available.
We urge those registered for online programs that are unable to attend due to illness to contact our office before the start of the training so that your registration may be transferred or held for another program.
Non-Covid-19 Related Queries:
Please note that the below policy applies to refund requests unrelated to COVID-19 health issues and travel/gathering restrictions. The Theraplay Institute reserves the right to classify and approve or deny a refund based on the information in the request presented to them. Refunds will be granted for cancellations made at least 21 days prior to the training. Balance must be paid within 21 days of the training to secure registration. No refund will be granted for cancellation made less than 21 days prior, but you may transfer your registration to another training. Requests to transfer to other trainings will be honored for up to one year from the date of cancellation and will be subject to rates applicable at the time of the transfer. The transfer option does not apply for no-shows.
We reserve the right to cancel any training course for any reason at least 30 calendar days in advance of the scheduled course date. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of registration fees. If a training is cancelled in under 30 days due to any unforeseen circumstances such as weather, natural disaster, or pandemic-related travel or gathering restrictions, registrants are entitled to reschedule for a future training course.
The Theraplay Institute is not responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants if a training course is canceled.
To be considered an active attendee a person must submit a deposit of:
- $500 for Level One
- $300 for Level Two (will need to review after the new program is developed)
- Full payment for:
- Level Two modules
- Group Day
- Sunshine Circles
- MIM Skills
- Parent Workshops
For Level One training participants for whom a refund has been approved and you have ordered a Third Edition Theraplay book:
If your book has already been shipped:
– You will receive a full refund minus $30 for the Third Edition Theraplay book or you may return the book (you will be responsible for the shipping fee) and will receive a full refund.
If your book hasn’t yet been shipped:
– You will receive a full refund minus $37.25 (if you would like to still receive your book) OR
– You will receive a full refund and the book will not be shipped to you.
A note for all in-person training programs located at our Evanston office:
We are following the directives set by the Chicago Health Department requiring travelers from states experiencing a surge in COVID-19 cases to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. Check this site for an updated state list: https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/emergency-travel-order.html
If your state is listed as one of those directed to quarantine, please contact our office as soon as possible and we will transfer your registration to another live or online program.
The Theraplay Institute is not responsible for any expenses (including travel) incurred by registrants if a training course is cancelled or you are otherwise unable to attend. In light of the current global situation, it is highly recommended that you purchase insurance to cover your travel expenses should your plans need to change.
Need to cancel? Contact email@example.com
The fees for each training are included with the course descriptions. All quoted fees are for US/Canada only.
Costs and arrangements for trainings held outside the U.S./Canada differ by country. As a result, we cannot offer online registration at this time. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following applies to our US/Canadian trainings run through The Theraplay Institute:
Description of Rates (All quoted fees are in USD):
The available rates for each training are included with the course descriptions.
Member: Full standard rate less discount for being or becoming a member of The Theraplay Association. Please note that membership benefits include training discounts as well as a discount in our media store.
Non-member: Full standard rate for individuals who have not elected to join The Theraplay Association
Combining Discounts: Participants can combine the rates identified above with the “early bird” discount when applicable, but not with any other discount, membership discount or special offer unless specified.
Professional Discount: A professional discount is available for Level One Theraplay and MIM training on a limited basis for those who work in a qualifying work setting. These settings include: a community mental health agency (state-funded Medicaid clients), professionals who focus on working with underserved populations, and/or work predominantly with foster/adopt populations in an agency setting. Please note, once approved, you will be required to submit a non-refundable deposit to reserve your registration. This discount may not be combined with any other offers or discounts.
Student: A student discount is available on a limited basis for full-time students. Please note, once approved you will need to provide current proof of student status.
Barter Program (Evanston only):
An opportunity to offset Level One registration fees by providing onsite setup and cleanup each day. Participants are expected to arrive an hour early and stay an hour after each training day to assist. Non-local participants can reduce their registration fee by 50%. No other discounts are applicable. Local residents willing to volunteer an additional 12 hours of administrative work prior to the training may be able to attend the training at no cost.
Training Fee Includes:
Each registration fee includes all training materials, refreshments and CEs. If you have previously purchased required training materials, a credit may be available.
Theraplay training focuses on developing and enhancing skills related to the treatment model. As a result, space at any training will be limited to ensure a training ratio that benefits all participants. We encourage registering for training as soon as possible.
A nonrefundable deposit is required at time of registration. Balance must be paid within 21 days of the training to secure registration. A $50 late fee will be applied to accounts not paid in full within 21 days. Accounts that remain unpaid within 10 days of the start of the training will result in a forfeiture of your registration. Payment can be made online, by phone with a credit card, or by mail with a check (in USD). Please note that your registration is not secured until your check or payment is received by our office.
Refunds minus the nonrefundable deposit will be granted for cancellations made at least 21 days prior to the training. No refund will be granted for cancellation made less than 21 days prior. Requests to transfer to other trainings will be honored for one year from date of cancellation and will be subject to rates applicable at the time of the transfer. The transfer option does not apply for no-shows.
We reserve the right to cancel any training course for any reason at least 30 calendar days in advance of the scheduled course date. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of registration fees. If a training is cancelled in under 30 days due to any unforeseen circumstances such as weather or natural disaster, registrants are entitled to reschedule for a future training course.
The Theraplay Institute is not responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants if a training course is cancelled.
Once purchased, customers can take full advantage of the benefits of our online educational materials. As such, our webinars are nonrefundable, and all sales are final.
Theraplay Association Membership:
Your $75 membership entitles you to a $50 discount on any training with the exception of the “What is Theraplay? An Overview Seminar for Professionals.” Other benefits include a Theraplay tote bag, 10% discount on merchandise and subscription to The Theraplay Institute newsletter (annual updates on best practices). You may join with your registration to take advantage of the discount. Should you choose to join at a later time, discounts will be applied to subsequent purchases.
Agency memberships are also available.
If a book is included in the course, it will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail within five business days of receipt of your registration. We cannot guarantee delivery prior to the training for registrations received later than 10 days prior or for shipping locations from outside the U.S. Please add $10 within the U.S. and $20 to Canada to have your book shipped the next business day after your registration is received. For overnight service and other special shipping requests, please contact email@example.com.
For Canadian trainings, books will be shipped directly to the training sponsor for pick up on the first day, unless expedited shipping is included in the registration fee.
Completion letters will be issued at no additional charge to each participant who successfully completes the course. Attendance for the full training, as evidenced by the signing in and out each day and completing a course evaluation is required in order to receive a completion letter. Letters may be distributed in three ways:a paper letter passed out at the conclusion of the training; a PDF letter generated online after completing an evaluation and emailed to you; or a pdf letter emailed to you from the Theraplay Institute. Please note that if the online evaluation is being utilized, you will need to complete the evaluation within 2 weeks of receiving the email link to receive your CE letter/certificate of completion for this training at no charge. After that time a service fee will be applied to all CE letter/certificate requests.
Please inform us at the time of registration of any special dietary or physical needs that require our attention. The Theraplay Institute respects any physical disability requiring special attention. Whenever possible we will arrange seating or make whatever other provisions we are able to.
Travel information is available for each U.S. training on the master schedule. We have listed nearby hotels for each training, but please note we do not officially recommend them from personal knowledge.
For trainings at our Evanston headquarters, we offer a Theraplay group rate at nearby local hotels here.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Grant Writing Support:
If you are writing a grant to support your own training registration or to bring Theraplay to your workplace, we might be able to provide you with information to support your request. Please contact us at email@example.com to arrange a discussion.
Please feel free to discuss with members of the TTI staff any questions, complaints, or other comments regarding teaching method, content, organization, physical facilities, etc. We will do all we can to respond to your suggestions in this and/or future programs. Complaints may be made anonymously in our suggestion box, in your evaluation after the training, or by contacting our Training Manager, Janet Koestring, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-256-7334 X 104.
Our strategic goal is to have a training center in every region of the country—a partner that offers a regular schedule of Level One and Level Two training. We currently have seven regional centers:
The Theraplay Institute
Children’s Bureau, Inc.
Gil Center for Trauma Recovery and Education
Juliana Poore Counseling Center
Houston’s First Baptist Church
MidAmerica Nazarene University
Aurora Mental Health Center
Qualified sponsors provide a free venue, AV, and help with organizing and promoting the training in exchange for a scholarship. This option is available only in the continental U.S and Canada, and requires a minimum of 12 participants. Trainings are open registration and we advertise on our website.
We can also contract with you for a private training for 12-30 participants. This is the only way training is delivered outside of North America, and costs vary by size of training.
If you are interested in bringing a training to your location please contact Janet Koestring at email@example.com
Presentations: For larger groups or conferences, we have presentations ranging in length from 1.5 hours to two days. Content can be customized to fit your needs and audience.
For more information about any of these options, contact us!
We have a deep catalog of trainers in many countries. Learn more about our skilled Theraplay trainers here!
Level One Theraplay and MIM
- Check-in and coffee service begins at 8:00 a.m.
- Training will begin at 8:30 and end at 4:30 each day, except the last day, which ends at 3:30.
What is THERAPLAY? An Overview Seminar for Professionals
- Check-in and coffee service begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Training will begin at 9:00 and end at 4:30 each day.
All other Theraplay Training
- Check-in and coffee service begins at 8:00 a.m.
- Training will begin at 8:30 and end at 4:30 each day.