Come work in a laid-back, dog-friendly, and playful organization with a mission to help better the lives of children and families worldwide. We are a relatively small staff of highly dedicated and enthusiastic professionals, looking for a team member who will enjoy working in this very rewarding environment.
We are seeking a full-time Registrar to handle the multitude of details and arrangements required to deliver trainings in our office, around the country and the world. Theraplay is practiced in over 36 countries; this position offers the opportunity to work with professionals worldwide.
The successful candidate should have solid experience with performing a variety of administrative duties; excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills; great customer service phone and interpersonal relations; incredible attention to detail; and the ability to self-start and work independently.
Prefer bachelors’ degree and 3-5 years of related administrative and customer service experience.The Theraplay® Institute is a growing international not-for-profit located in Chicago. Theraplay was developed by a clinical psychologist to meet the mental health needs of Head Start students in the 1960’s. Today it is practiced internationally to help children and families with attachment disorders, developmental delays, and behavioral challenges. The primary mission of The Theraplay Institute is to train mental health professionals, teachers and others in the Theraplay method. We also see families in our mental health clinic, sell media related to Theraplay, support Theraplay research, and host an International Conference every few years.
- Manage registration process, including entering registrations into database, starting training files
- Provide registrant services, including distributing student correspondence and answering phone/email questions about the training
- Take care of catering orders and purchase refreshments for both on-site and U.S.-hosted trainings.
- Prepare and produce training materials, using Adobe PDF software to produce name badges, sign-in paperwork, and organize Trainer biographies. Responsible for ordering handouts from printer to coordinate with training schedule.
- Perform training room maintenance and guest relations during training held at our office, including answering questions, taking media orders, and serving refreshments
- Maintain inventory levels of training play materials, and order as needed.
- Provide graduate services, including distributing evaluations and certificates. Collate evaluation data and send to trainers/training staff on a regular basis.
- Maintain physical file records, including filing paperwork, preparing files for storage after training is completed, and archiving older files yearly.
- Maintain trainer credential files, including annual follow-up to ensure that all paperwork is up to date.
- Submit Continuing Education Paperwork, which encompasses sending all necessary documentation to R. Cassidy Seminars for each course and completion of participant data sheets.
- Send Trainer Booking Sheets to each trainer compensated by TTI to each trainer prior to a training event.
- Provide training oversight of trainings offered virtually via Zoom. This duty is shared with multiple staff members and not the sole responsibility of the Registrar.
- Provide general phone answering support, acting as first answerer
- Open the door to greet visitors and sign for packages.
- Primary responder to [email protected] email
Salary: $32,000 to $ 35,000 a year commensurate with experience, with three month review.
The Theraplay Institute offers a casual and collegial work atmosphere, flexible work-from-home options (after review period concludes), healthcare, a 401K plan, ten paid holidays, and additional Paid Time Off (PTO) days.