What to Expect
- Once we receive notice that you have contacted our clinic, one of our staff members will contact you to answer your questions and provide you with any additional information pertaining to our services.
- If you wish to move forward with our services, our staff member will conduct a brief telephone screening in order to understand the reason for seeking treatment and determine appropriateness of treatment with our clinic. During this time, the staff member may ask for information such as the reason for seeking services, medical history, and current household members.
- Our agency paperwork will then be provided via email to address client rights, agreement for services, authorizations, fees, and releases of information. Paperwork can be provided through an alternative route per your request. Therapy services will then be assigned and scheduled with a staff clinician once all documents are signed and returned to the agency. If insured with Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO or Aetna, your insurance policy will be verified that it is in-network.
- After reviewing the brief information gathered from the telephone intake, your assigned therapist will contact you to set up your initial appointment. During this approximate 60-minute intake interview, your assigned therapist will gather extensive relevant information regarding your current situation. This intake may include questions about developmental, medical, academic, occupational, and social functioning about you and/or your child. You and your therapist will then collaborate together to determine the appropriate goals, schedule, and interventions that will be used for treatment. Any relevant documents may be provided to your assigned therapist at this time (academic or psychological evaluations, medical records, parental or custody rights).
- If a payment for service is needed for copays, deductibles, or private pay, the credit card on file will be charged shortly after your session. An electronic invoice will automatically be sent to your email for your records.
- If you have any questions or concerns about any of the previously mentioned information, please contact The Theraplay Clinic at 224-850-3069 or [email protected].